Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Family Meals

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This year we spent with ALL of Eric's immediate family, meaning we finally had the spouses all there and a few new additions like my neice! I loved getting to see everyone together in one place and as usual we have pictures, but some will have to wait for another day. Here are two pictures Eric's Mom took about 25 years apart! As she said, it looks like he(Eric) has better gardening skills now. :-)

By the way, we had these as carmelized carrots sliced up with 3 Tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup of water and 2 Tablespoons of Brown sugar. Bring to a boil in a saute pan and let the water evaporate off mostly and serve when carrots are soft. Yummy!

2 comments:

joysmallpack said...

We loved seeing the picture of Eric as a boy! :) I should so go do that of Mark and tie it in with... something. :) :) :) The carrots Luke are holding look fabulous! Kudos on a great garden!! The recipe sounds delish- thanks for the tip, friends. Love to you!

Anonymous said...

Not only were the carrots huge, but they were very delicious! I don't think we've ever fought over carrots in my house, so apparently I should take tips from you guys to get my family to eat their veggies. :)

Katie