Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Birthday Time!

For my birthday this year or actually it was for Mary Beth's birthday I went to Beautiful Colorado!!! It was just me since there was only one frequent flyer ticket so Eric bravely and sweetly took time off work to watch the kiddos!!! What a wonderful hubby I have! I was able to see two of my best friends and their families and while I was there I got to see my new neice (and of course my wonderful nephew and brother and sister too)!!! (Thank you all for driving me all around!!!) I am Aunt Nina now to a sweet and smart little nephew and a beautiful neice!!!! My camera was not working :-( and Katie's ran out of batteries when I was visiting so here's a link to a picture that turned out. http://morrowmoments.blogspot.com/2008/09/two-weeks-old.html

MB and Family!

Cara's family!

I can say that being back reminded me how much I love, love, love Colorado. The crazy weather changes like the afternoon thunderstorms and the smell of rain in the air were just a few that I was giddy about! The mountains of course are majestic and the people I got to hang out with are as always fantastic!

Like father, like son!

I felt like very little had changed and yet getting to know the children of my family and friends made me realize time has marched on. It's so fun to see glimpses of them in their children and see what sweet boys and girls they are. I feel so very blessed to call these people friends/family!


I hope all of you in Colorado that I didn't get to see are doing well and I miss you all too! Thanks MB, Cara and Katie for opening your home to me. The memories I have are wonderful!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Nina....I still cannot call California "home". There's too much about Colorado that I miss.

Lynda

joysmallpack said...

Nina =) It's wonderful to see your happy times with friends from the pics, and to hear your bubbling joy in the story you tell about it all. It sounds like a wonderful (and relaxing!) vacation and I'm so glad for you. And you're right~ props to Eric on this one!! :-) We miss you both much, and see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun having you here Nina! Anytime you want to move back, let us know. I heard that Parker was a nice place to live....just a thought. :-)

Cara

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming out. We always have so much fun together, and this was no exception! We all loved it!! And by the way, "You're so cutie!"

Katie