Friday, March 20, 2009

Life Happens

I have to say that for all the graceful duck that I try to be there's a whole lot of paddling that happens below the surface that only those who live with me get to see. (Or those who happen to spend the night!) :-) Ellie's party was one of those paddling times and I have to say that the party was great and pulled off without a hitch. Those all happened before! I can laugh now and I love having people in my life who can see the humor in things. Eric's mom stayed with us the night before the party and was a tremendous help and just keeping me on track was part of it.

I seemed to do everything in twos and threes and really didn't even have time to do it once! I had to make Ellie's cake twice, the cucumber sandwiches in a double batch because the first one was too salty and the amount of times we set the table to accomodate for my different China patterns was pretty funny. Life happens and it's not events that make up life but the road that leads up to those events and how we deal with them that make up our life. I've shared my life verse before and it comes into play here too...."For who is God besides the Lord, and who is our Rock except our God. It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect." ~ 2 Samuel 22:32-33

Here I am less than 10 hours from people arriving and I don't have something that even looks like a cake! Ellie is wondering how this gets frosted....

This was a Rose bundt pan for Ellie Rose and the cake got stuck into every crevice. Needless to say we had a beautiful yogurt parfait with crumbled strawberry cake!

2 comments:

Grandpa Lascurain said...

Ellie is learning so much. Thank you Nina.

Jeff said...

Ha Ha Ha! I love that cake picture!