Monday, March 16, 2009

Ellie's Makeover

The last few months I think we've seen what Ellie loves to do. Most of you know how girly my girl is, but lately she has turned it up a few notches and today she finally did what I've been dreading! They say imitation is the highest form of flattery and although I'm flattered, I'm also flabergasted! My daughter cut her hair!!!! I recently did a sort of bob thing with my hair and Ellie really did not like it (neither did the boys but Eric did) so I assumed she wouldn't want to cut her hair either. She must have decided to try it out herself though and then decided she liked it long; because although there's 2 1/2 inch pieces in places on my floor she managed to only give herself layers and there's very little change to her hair overall. THANKFULLY!!!! All that to say that this was only the culmination of her "makeover."

I walked into my bathroom to find this greeting me.

Then I found some more and then even more!

The makeover started at Grandma's house a few months ago when we thought things were a little too quiet...

Her first make-up removal.

Then just last week Ellie found little stamps in the shape of a small lipstick. So guess what she did?
I hope we are now complete with our makeover since I've had to address everything from mascara and eye shadow to "lipstick" and now hair cuts. I thought this happened at 13 not 3!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure your heart jumped a beat when you saw the hair on the floor! It looks like she was wearing the same red shirt I gave her each time. I knew the sparkles would make her feel girly, but didn't expect this. :-)
Joyce

Jeff said...

If you get this at the age of 3, I can't wait to see what you get to deal with at 13! Have fun!