Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day! This was actually the day before Mother's Day but I wanted to share one of my best presents ever for Mother's Day. I love getting to sleep in and that would be getting to sleep past 7:30, combined with breakfast, it's the perfect combo. So, on Saturday Eric made breakfast with the kids and brought me breakfast in bed! It was complete with my favorite eggs, hash browns, toast and jam and fresh picked strawberries from our garden.

Everyone helped out with Ellie picking the strawberries and getting bread for toast.


Luke directed Ellie in toasting and also cracked (or I hear poked and smashed my be a better description) the eggs.

Then Daniel helped Daddy cut Mommy some flowers and arrange them into a bouquet! When all was done I was sweetly awaken by three cheery voices and Eric's handsome face!

I loved, loved, loved every bit and Eric even took pictures for me to see the "process." What a gem of a family I have and I feel so blessed! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember my special meals in bed. They are memories I treasure. Good job Eric in thinking to take pictures so Nina could see the kids in action. On these Mother's Days I wondered, is it better to give or to receive?

Mom/Joyce