Thursday, January 8, 2009

It Snows Here!

Can you imagine people in CO just stopping next to the highway to play in snow???? No. Driving to play in snow on the side of road? No. You don't have to, it's in your front yard! Sometimes I can't get the "snow" bug out of my system, but thankfully it snows here too. The funny thing is, it's popular to just stop at an exit and get out and play in the snow on the side of the road. So, within an hour I can have the benefit of snow during winter when I want it and I don't have to shovel it....ever. There's also this little but funny difference. In CO when you want to to play in snow i.e. snowboard, sled, etc, you say you're "going to the mountains." Here you say you're "going to the snow." You're still going into the mountains here, but I guess since you can stop on the side of a freeway just before the mountains you can accurately call it "going to the snow. "

Needless to say went "to the snow" on New Year's Day. Like I said, I love that I can get that out of my system. (Although, I think it's born in me and won't go away ever!) It can get cold and wet but that day it was just plain beautiful! We went sledding, made snow caves, and drank our hot chocolate. I think just maybe it was my favorite New Year's Day yet!

Eric digging out our snow cave and boy was it big!
Luke smiled so much that day that I have a tons of pictures of just him!
Daddy is showing her the snow cave. She was bundled up with cute *little* pink snow gloves.
I'm staying warm drinking my hot chocolate in a superhero mug. Can you tell I have boys?
Luke in the one time he wasn't smiling because he was hard at work pulling his sister up the hill.
Daniel about to throw a huge snowball out of the snow cave. This was before Eric dug it out to fit all the kids.
Ellie and Mommy just finishing our last sledding run of the day. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see the huge snow cave! The kids look like they had a blast.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I'd be seeing snow cave pictures this soon. Looks like the kids had a blast. I want to see the big cave also. I remember when our kids were little and Larry built a snow cave. We put everyone in it and took a picture. But their breath made the air white and blocked my view of the cute little faces inside of the cave. Fun times!

Joyce

Katie and the Fam said...

Oh how I wish that snow you were playing in was in CO! Looked like fun. Miss you guys.